Mango, anyone? Well, here are the recipes featured on tonight’s episode.
I. Mango Yogurt Parfait
- 2 large, ripe mangos, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 3 cups low fat vanilla yogurt
- 6 tbs low fat granola
1. Puree 1 mango and spoon equal amounts into 6 clear plastic cups.
2. Next, top each with 1/4 cup yogurt.
3. Spoon cubed mango over the top, saving a few pieces for garnish.
4. Then top with remaining 1/4 cup yogurt and reserved mango.
5. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Top each serving with a tablespoon of granola just before serving.
II. Mango Lemonade
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar (you may substitute half the sugar for honey)
- 8 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups lemon juice
- 3 mangoes, peeled and pitted
1. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and 1 cup water.
2. Bring to boil and stir to dissolve sugar.Allow to cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate until chilled.
3. Next, puree the mangoes using a blender or hand-held blender and strain through sieve to remove any fibers, set aside.
4. Then, remove seeds from lemon juice, but leave pulp.
5. Now, in a pitcher, stir together chilled syrup, lemon juice, mango puree and remaining 7 cups water. You may serve immediately chilled or on ice.
III. Mango Gazpacho
- 2C mangoes, diced
- 2C orange juice
- 1 cucumber, diced and seeds removed
- 1 red pepper, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 small garlic clove, diced
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp basil or cilantro (fresh coriander)
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Process the mangoes, orange juice and oil in a blender or food processor until pureed.
2. Next, add the remaining ingredients and pulse gently until mixed but still a little bit chunky.
3. Then, season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Put it to the fridge for about 15-20 minutes before serving.