It really amazes us how natural remedies can do wonders. Here are some tips
1. Malunggay (or Moringa) – Can be pounded to a pulp and placed on wounds. Malunggay is a natural antispetic
2. Ampalaya Leaves – Make the leaves into juice and it’s good for stomaches, and coughs and colds.
3. Peppermint – Boil the leaves into a tea and it’s a good pain reliever. It may also help in decongestion when yo u have a cold.
4. Aloe Vera - Cut the leaves from the plant. Get the younger leaves, the older part or the one nearest the trunk of the aloe vera is most effective. The gel that comes out leaves is the perfect treatment for bites, stings and burns. You can also use the aloe gel on your hair & scalp.
If have a small space or want to try growing some greens with no soil, try hydroponics. Here are some of the basics:
Fill a water tight container with water. Put your plant (with growth medium) in a container with some holes in the bottom. Growth medium or soil replacement (like coconut husks, sawdust, clay balls, perlite) are available in most gardening stores. You can use old Styrofoam fruit containers to hold water and recycled cups to hold the plants. Put a couple of holes in the cups so that the roots will grow out and nutrient-rich water will come in.
In the water, mix in the essential nutrients needed: Forevery 10 liters of water add 25 ml of SNAP A and SNAP B solution and you’re set. If you’re using less water, follow the instructions on the SNAP solution bottle. The solution provides all the nutrients your plants will ever need.
There are other hydroponic methods so for more information, you can get in touch with Raymond Ramos.
www. green-rayhydroponics.weebly.com or at email@example.com
Here’s another take on a healthy vegetarian sandwich you can make at home. It’s based on the eggplant which amazingly has great health benefits. Eggplants help control diabetes, are high in fiber, and are also anti microbial & anti viral.
Dressing Ingredients: Vinegar, olive oil, one lemon, minced garlic, mustard & some salt and pepper. Squeeze the juice of one lemon, add 3-4 tbsp of vinegar, olive oil, one minced garlic clove, and 1 tsp of mustard and some salt & pepper to taste.
Grill the eggplant slices till they are nice and tender then you can assemble the sandwich. Dip the eggplant slices in the dressing Toast some focaccia and lay out the slices. Top with some mozarella, kesong puti, or cheese of your choice.
If you like lush gardens, here are some tips on recreating your own backyard forest.
Here are some tips to make your next trip a little more green:
1. If you’re flying, book an e-ticket. It’s convenient, you save time, gas, and some paper.
2. Try to book a hotel near the places you want to visit. That way you can save on fuel costs and maybe even do more walking.
3. Pack a reusable water bottle. You can refill it and save on buying water bottled in plastic.
4. Pack a shopping tote. Save on plastic bags & carry your shopping finds in a reusable bag.
5. Pack what you need. This way you minimize the amount of resources needed to bring you and your gear to your destination.