Here’s another workout that blasts calories and tones muscles. You can do it indoors or outdoors and all you need is a mat, 30 mins, and a whole lot of determination.
Do all 5 exercises for 1 minute each, rest 30 seconds, and do all 5 again a 2nd then a 3rd time. Click on the gallery images below to see how the moves are done!
There’s something inspiring about happy healthy people who live a green life. Here are some thoughts we picked up from Teresa Herrera on living a greener life:
1. Live simply. Teresa says that despite what you might expect from someone who works in the fashion industry, her closet of clothes is actually small.
2. Ask yourself, “What can I do everyday?” It can be something as simple as carrying a bag to the store instead of using plastic or riding a bike or walking to where you want to go.
3. Be intentional. At the end of her yoga classes, Teresa wishes her students three things: clarity of thought, clarity of speech, clarity of action & intention. And it is her hope that “as they walk out into the world they’ll make a difference by making more conscious decisions and hopefully make this a better place.”
It’s November but the days have been hot recently. Here’s a home made iced tea you can make that’s refreshing, healthy & soothing too. Here’s the recipe Paolo did on the show
1. Get 4 lemongrass stalks & take out the outer layers.
2. Pound the ends of the stalks to soften them up.
3. Put all 4 in a pot of boiling water. Stop when the water gets a tint of green.
4. Cool the tea. Serve in a glass and add some raw honey & ice cubes. The honey will add some healthy energy giving sweetness to the tea.
Here are some green business practices from the Urban Ashram Manila. If you’re constructing or remodeling:
1. If you’r building, try to have high ceilings and big windows. They help reduce ventilation costs.
2. For lights, LED & T5 bulbs cut energy consumption by 65%.
3. Use engineered wood – made of fast growing trees made to look like high end lumber.
4. Polished concrete lessens cost of flooring & can cool a room & reflect available light.
1. Work with green suppliers and make your entire value chain green.
The Urban Ashram works with Panda Cleaners – a green laundry service – that is walking distance away.
2. Provide clients with green alternatives.
They use recycled paper for hand & toilet paper. They made yoga mat bags made of katcha — which is a natural & sustainable fiber. They also partnered with Messy Bessy to create a chemical free yoga mat cleaner.
A cup of hot lemon grass tea can help you unwind in the afternoon or after a long day. Lemongrass has a lot of natural benefits like helping in digestion, fighting coughs & colds, and aiding in detoxification.
Here’s the recipe for a cup of hot lemongrass tea. You’ll just need one stalk.
1. Take out outerlayers of the stalk.
2. Cut of the dry leafy part.
3. Pound with the back of your knife to release juices.
4. Chop finely.
5. Add boiled water and steep for 10-15 mins then serve. To sweeten you can add a tablespoon of raw honey.