For years now, parents have been trying to give their children healthy and nutritious food. But with the abundance of fast food chains and junk food, I bet all of us are having the same problem – these picky eaters won’t eat anything with vegetables, oats or any healthy ingredients.
Here are some recipes that would give you healthier alternatives to your kids’ favorite meals.
Grilled Cheese Sandwich
8 slices white bread
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
Four wedges of soft cream cheese
½ cup grated mild cheddar cheese
¼ teaspoon garlic powder 1 large tomato, cut into small pieces
1. Spread one side of each bread slice with butter.
2. Flip the slices and spread the other side with soft cream cheese.
3. Top with tomato slices, cheddar cheese and garlic powder.
4. Cover each sandwich, buttered side out. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook the sandwiches until golden brown.
1 cup all-purpose Flour
Salt and Pepper to taste
4 Egg whites
1/2 cup Milk
1 1/2 cups Cornflakes
1 cup (4 ounces) reduced-fat, shredded Cheddar Cheese
6 Chicken breast filets; cut into strips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees farenheit.
2. In a bowl, mix the flour with a pinch of salt and set aside.
3. In another bowl, beat the eggs and the milk together.
4. Mix the cornflakes with cheese and set aside.
5. Dip chicken pieces in flour, then into the egg wash, then roll in the cheesy cornflakes mixture.
6. Place the pieces in a lightly oiled baking pan.
7. Bake for 25 minutes, turning halfway through to ensure even browning.
Peanut Butter Banana Spirals
1/2 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
1/3 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
1 tablespoon orange juice
2 ripe bananas
4 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. First, combine peanut butter and yogurt, stirring until smooth.
2. Drizzle juice over bananas and toss gently to coat
3. Spread about 3 tablespoons peanut butter mixture over each tortilla, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
4. Arrange about 1/3 cup banana slices in a single layer over peanut butter mixture
5. Sprinkle cinnamon evenly over banana slices. 6. Roll up the tortillas, slice, and refrigerate.